Change of Use Planning Permission

Planning Permission

This is a complex area of planning law.  Under the Use Classes Order, uses are grouped into classes of similar characteristics, e.g. ‘A’ uses include ‘High Street’ type businesses (Shops, estate agents, cafes etc.), ‘B’ uses are commercial, ‘C’ uses residential, etc.  Changes within classes are more likely to be permitted development (PD), with or without prior approval (PA ) but most changes of use require planning permission (PP). Even if it appears to be PD, only the Local Planning Authority can confirm that a proposed use complies, formally.  For the avoidance of doubt, Studio Charrette advise applying for a certificate of lawful proposed use (CoLU).

Studio Charrette can advise on all stages of the development process and we will compile all necessary documents, prepare your application, submit to the planning department of your local council, deal with the planning case officer and answer any queries as we manage your case to Local Planning Authority decision.

Planning Cost Calculator

  • Immediate estimate for planning your project
  • Accurate quote emailed within the hour
  • Planning appraisal report emailed to you the same day
  • Consultation call with a Planning Consultant within 24 hours
Get FREE estimate