Walls, fences, accesses, driveways, hardstandings, etc.

Planning Permission

Many minor operations and works associated with the curtilages of houses (i.e. not flats, maisonettes, etc.) are almost always permitted development (PD).  Subject to certain criteria, walls, fences, gates and other means of enclosure, some driveways and hard-standings, most new accesses onto unclassified roads, works in the garden, repairs/reinstatements and general maintenance are exempt from formal planning control. Studio Charrette can advise but only the Local Planning Authority (LPA) can determine that a project is PD and a certificate of lawful proposed use (CoLU) is recommended in cases of doubt.

Studio Charrette can advise on all stages of the process and we will compile all necessary documents, prepare your application, submit to the planning department of your local council, deal with the planning case officer and answer any queries as we manage your case to LPA decision.

Planning Cost Calculator

  • Immediate estimate for planning your project
  • Accurate quote emailed within the hour
  • Planning appraisal report emailed to you the same day
  • Consultation call with a Planning Consultant within 24 hours
Get FREE estimate